Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 60: Milestones

I felt comfortably normal last night for the first time since I got here, just in time for my 60 day anniversary.

It started with a great yoga class that I biked to and from in record time. I left the studio at 8:30, biked 2.3 miles, showered, got dressed, and biked over a mile to SoBou to meet a friend from out of time for a throw-down dinner.

Pork Crackling and Blue Crab Mousse

Elijah Craig Manhattan

Afterwards, we went to Erin Rose originally for Frozen Irish Coffees, but we were too full. Guiness  sufficed and was found to be poured skillfully. The beer flows freely but there's not a lot of craftsmanship. Luckily, this was a real deal pub with blaring Drop Kick Murphy's and appropriate medical warnings.

  I have not outgrown this "thing" I have for gingers

The bar is one block off of Bourbon street and has KillerPoBoys cooking out the back, so the number of drunk people could have been at crisis level, but it was actually comfortably lively. We met hilarious tourists from Detroit, who kept ordering shots and then having too much fun to take them in a timely fashion.


NOLA VS DETROIT Arm Wrestle -- much more exciting than the World Series.

What happens in the French Quarter stays with this guy.

Definitely stayed up too late, but it was totally worth it. NYC may always be home, but I'm learning how to live here.





No comments:

Post a Comment