Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 62: Trying to Get Ahead

I woke up early to take advantage of the time change and get laundry done. Another difference between NOLA and NYC, people wake up early on a Sunday morning to get their laundry done. Well, not a lot of people. Just the people who were doing the laundry of a million blankets.

I managed to squeeze all my clothes into one washer. My laundromat is the laundromat/convenience store/liquor store/bar/grill/indian restaurant. I went with a perennial brunch favorite: Salmon Benedict

I'm going to be feeling that for days.

There was cheese in the hollandaise and no potatoes to soak up the extra yolk and sauce. No bueno. The place is known for their po-boys, so I will give it another shot. Not just because I like to be fair but because it's a block away.

Other than that, I watched the entire Knicks game from home on my computer for free (read between the lines, ya'll), worked on the consulting project for a couple hours, hung out with a couple friends, gave NaNoWrimo another stab (according to the website, I will hit the required 50K January 19, 2013),  and enjoyed my Sunday night TV true loves the same way I enjoyed the Knicks game. Sounds productive? 

That's because I left out my Dark Twisted Fantasy Team obsession.  At the beginning of the day, I realized I was going to win my match-up (barely), but going into next week, I was going to suffer. My opponent is my college roommate who while having an elementary knowledge of the game itself has developed a sharp eye for balancing statistics in a short time. She just destroyed our League Champion. She is not to be messed with, so I had to put the work in.

Numbers make my head hurt, but tuna makes it better

 

1 comment: