Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 5: Grounding Down

I'm in a sports bar on Magazine Street, where every screen is on college football. Except the one on my phone, because I'm watching Djokavic versus Ferrer. This is what I mean when I say, "I'm going to make this work.

It's been a good day so far. I went back to yoga this morning. The theme is this morning was on the root chakra, or as it's most commonly recognized, the red chakra on lavender yoga mats.

Definition from the internet:


Root Chakra - Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food.


The synchronicty was not lost on me.

All the poses were about planting a strong base, building strength in your pelvis and legs in order to keep yourself standing in balance poses. I have been out of regular yoga practice for a while. I wobbled, fell over, realized that now that my hair is shorter something else has to be down to hold it back. That was not lost on me either.

Right before I walked into class, I tried my trunk again and it opened, loudly and with force. I have been wearing the same clothes for days, clothes that were not fit for public consumption. The only suitcase on the backseat was the one full of underwear, PJs, and a smattering of workout clothes. It was packed with the idea that I was going to make more days out of the drive but each day I wanted to wear elastic waists. It was not packed with a week in town in mind.

Right now, I'm in my normal clothes. Granted, I'm not a fancy girl so it may not seem like I've only taken a tiny step up in my "living" situation. But today has felt closer to normal. Despite being out of the game for a while, yoga was more fluid then last time. Now that I'm saving almost 500 dollars on rent, I don't feel like every dollar I spend is one step closer to the end game. So I was able to go out, have lunch and a couple drinks in a skirt and clean tank top. I was able to leave Dr. Anna's house for longer than a couple hours. I ate the best french fries of my life, with a side of a chorizo slider ($5), alongside an $8 Sazerac. I had a $4.50 Black & Tan (Irish-style and I didn't have to explain what it was, yet it was poured to perfection.





No comments:

Post a Comment