Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 8: Quest

I have been on a quest for a decent bagel. I keep being told that it cannot be done, but it is hard to believe that this city that runs wild with kitchens can't bake a bagel.

Artz Bagelz was better then the first two I tried (Stein's and Orange Couch). But still not great and not helped in its cause by the hipster attempt of a name. I will continue to hunt. The craving must be satiated.

The day started with a yoga class with Dr. Anna and then an epically long and expensive trip to Target. Apartment start-up costs are massive. Cleaning supplies and flatware and a pot to cook mac and cheese in -- all came to a total that almost flattened me. And then I remember that I'm not paying $1220 a month in rent anymore, so I threw in some scented candles. 

When I came back, this is what I had to work with.


Five and a half hours later, I had cleaned things I had never cleaned before, but there isn't much visible progress. It did smell better and my sense of accomplishment was kicking. This is the first time I have ever put an apartment together all by myself. Historically, I have had roommates and boyfriends to take care of this for me. I'll take one box down, the overwhelming smell of lemon cleaner, and exhausted muscles as a win for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment