Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 6: Job Hunting

Sunday, Part I

Cover letters make me insane. After so many years working on resumes, I can whip one up perfectly formatted in minutes. I am charming and am able to articulate my professional strengths and weakness clearly, so interviewing is not a scary, though definitely awkward, experience.

But cover letters have never, and will never, come out easily.

Today's mission: write two of them.



THIS IS WHAT JOB SEARCHING LOOKS LIKE!


Sunday, Part II

The DVR switched over to the Iowa State vs. Iowa game, and since I fear the stability of my current guest room crash arrangements if I mess with Dr. Anna's great state of Iowa, I finally left the house. Until I get my keys tomorrow morning, I take no chances. 

Down the street is Stein's Market & Deli, supposedly the only "authentic" Jewish Deli in New Orleans. If you skim through the Yelp reviews, you will see it described as a New York Deli. They were out of whitefish, toasted my bagel without asking, and charged more than 2 dollars for an ice coffee. So not a New York Deli, nor is it pretending to be. 


Literacy Fail

Sunday, Part III

Finished the two cover letters while watching the U.S. Open Women's Final, and received and returned my new lease. I'm not out of the woods on this potential disaster until the caretaker actually shows up at the apartment at 9am sharp. There is no possible back-up plan, so if he doesn't, you'll find me in a puddle on the front yard of my building on a stack of my belongings. 



2 comments: