Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 33: Back and Forth

Made myself wake up early today after staying up too late in order to start getting back on a normal person sleep schedule. Had it in my head that I was going to do half my grocery shopping at the Farmer's Market and then the second hand at the tiny Rouse's in Quarter. Unfortunately, the market was tiny and ridiculously over-priced (or just high priced because they were all small farms with small stands). There was some chill female folk rock happening and an interesting BBQ truck that might be worth trying when I'm in the mood for half a rack of ribs early on a Saturday morning. 

That kid was rocking out with his socks out.

St. Claude is the line between The Marigny and the Upper Ninth Ward. Most visibly when biking down it's bike lane, it's a dividing line between gentrified and not. Makes for an interesting combination of businesses from hipster bars to flat fix shops.


The dividing line between The Marigny and The Bywater is a very active railroad track. I exchanged one horn in the middle of the night for another.

This train went forward and backward, cutting off traffic, for 15 minutes. 

I wish I had gotten a picture of this kid who hopped over the car connectors like it was turnstile made of gossamer with extra zero gravity jets.


I had it in my head the market would have coffee so when it did not, I continued my iced coffee circuit in my neighborhood at Who Dat Cafe.

This building also houses Milkfish (Filipino) and Cafe Nero (Fancy)

These combo establishments are common around these parts. Pretty smart in a climate that breeds restaurants but doesn't have enough money running through it to support all the efforts. That's how we end up with dim sum out of BBQ, Vietnamese out of dive bars, etc. Granted, I was spoiled by living in Little Manila in Queens. 

I stuck with regular iced coffee and sat outside for a while, trying to decide what to do with the rest of my day. 

This house is in the color scheme as the shotgun I had on my work desktop back on the LES

Fitting advice



No comments:

Post a Comment