Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 51: Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off to Work I Go

Frustrated, Incorporated

Started consulting onsite today in a very quiet, very cubicle divided office. Definitely another component of the culture shock experience as I have worked in that kind of environment since 2005. 

One area that I thought would be better by now is my complete lack of a concept of time, particularly how long it takes to get between places. After living in a city where it took a hour (give or take 15 minutes in either direction), and tack in the regular use of bike transport, I am often absurdly early for things. This picture was taken when it only took 15 minutes to go 5 miles and I had to sit in my car to kill off 45 minutes.

Why didn't I just go get a cup of coffee or something? Because I can't get over the idea that I will never make it back in time. New Orleans is a alternate dimension, where minutes are seconds and hours are weeks are days. I'd make a Dr. Who reference but I don't watch the show.





No comments:

Post a Comment