Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 37: Harvest Fest

Jumped into my first day volunteering for the New Orleans Film Festival, not so much because I'm a film buff so much as I need to get busy. It doesn't open until Thursday so it was a bit slow going at times. One of the things I have realized in this move is that when I'm not busy, not interacting with a gajillion people on a daily notice, I retreat into this awkward ghost of my normal self. So I signed up for a few more shifts to keep my juices flowing, even if it's not paid or career-oriented. Most of the locations are within biking distance so not only does it get me out of the house, I can get my blood flowing on the way there.

Plus afterwards, I'm a block away from Lafayette Square where every Wednesday is Harvest the Music, a free outdoor music series with food vendors that raise money for the Food Bank.  

The View From My Patch of Grass

Not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment